Slow-cooked Beef Cheek with Truffle Mash & Baby Dutch Carrots
Our delicious Beef Cheeks have been braised and slow cooked for 12 hours and just require heating up at home.
- Boil a pot of hot water.
- Once at the boil, turn down the temperature and let the water simmer.
- Put the bag with the beef cheek in the water (fully submerged) and leave in for 10min or until desired temperature is reached
- Remove and open the bag (face away to avoid steam burn)
- Pour beef cheek and jus into a bowl (this is now ready to serve)
Our truffle mash has been expertly made with love and care and just requires reheating and serving.
- Bring 100ml of milk in a saucepan to the boil
- Once at the boil, reduce temperature to medium heat
- Stir truffle mash into the milk creating a smooth consistency
- Keep stirring in clockwise direction until smooth consistency
- Remove from the heat and this is ready to serve
We suggest serving the beef cheek and jus on top of the roast vegetables and truffle mash to complete the dish. The jus will soak through the vegetables and mash and make for the most delicious dinner!
Roast Vegetables: Tips and How to:
- Chop and slice all vegetables evenly. This allows for more even cooking time and consistency.
- Group vegetables based on their cooking time. Note: Root vegetables (potato, pumpkin, etc) take longer time to roast that cruciferous ones (broccoli, beans, onion). Group accordingly and place on separate pans to allow for the finish time of baking to be at the same time. We suggest 180 degrees for oven temperature.
- Avoid putting too many vegetables on one tray. This will often mean they won’t get as crispy or crunchy as you like. The more spread out they are the more golden and crispy they will become
- Season appropriately– we love adding salt, pepper, crushed garlic cloves, olive oil and chilli. Fresh herbs are also delicious. Rosemary, thyme, and sage are our go to!
- Garnish and Serve – Toss through with butter and finish with flaked almonds