Pork Belly Roast
Pork Belly Roast Cooking Instructions
Our pork belly has been cooked for you to ensure the meat is perfectly tender and soft. We have vacuum sealed this for your convenience. When you are ready to prepare your meal, remove it from the bag, pop it onto a baking tray and follow the instructions below.
How to create the perfect crackling:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Using a paper towel, thoroughly dry the pork. The skin has already been scored for you.
- Rub the meat liberally with salt and massage into the skin with oil, ensuring it gets into all the cuts and crevices.
- Place the pork into the preheated oven and cook for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, if the crackling is still not at desired crackle, turn the temperature up to 230-240°C and cook in 5-minute increments until desired crackle outcome. This is a crucial stage and needs to be monitored.
- Remove the roast pork from the oven and allow it to rest in a warm place until ready to serve. Do not wrap in foil, as this will trap the steam and the crackling will lose its crunch.
- Remove lid and pop into the oven at 160°C for 20-30 minutes until sufficiently hot.
Chef’s tip: sprinkle a little extra cheese on top for the last 5 minutes.
This is cooked and ready to be served. All you need to do is remove it from the fridge 20 minutes before you are ready to serve, to bring it to room temperature.
Potato Salad and Cabbage Slaw:
These are ready to serve. No preparation required.
Our delicious gravy is ready to go! When you are about five minutes off serving your meal, place the gravy in a saucepan and heat slowly, bringing it to the boil.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a frying pan and bring to medium to high heat.
- Toss the green beans through the oil in the pan for two to three minutes. Add chilli and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and serve, topped with pangrattato.